A stunning hill station surrounded by massive snow clad mountains and thick pinewood forests, Manali has the twisty Beas River as its magnificent centerpiece. Manali in the state of Himachal Pradesh is popular for its breathtaking Himalayan beauty. Lying at an elevation of 6398 feet, Manali is the top spot in the Kullu Manali valley and is blessed with many attractions. To know more about Manali you can go through the Manali Travel Guide. This eye popping resort is sandwiched between the impressive peaks of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges. A sacred land, which is the abode of various God and Goddess,this striking hill resort has a full calender of numerous colorful events and festivals.
The Manali Travel Guide offers plenty of details about this majestic hill station and the many tourist places in Manali. The major attractions are the Beas Kund, Chandrakhani Pass, Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Parvati Valley, Kasol and Vashisht village
Popular as the queen of valleys, Manali is named after the law giver of ancient India, Manu. Manali literally means the abode of Manu and hence this place has huge importance from the perspective of the ethnic culture and tradition of India. Manali Travel Guide also speaks about adventure sports. With skyscraping mountains surrounded by deep snow fed streams and profound rocky ravines Manali becomes a different but perfect tourist destination for all. A trendy holiday destination, Manali offers exceptional chances in mountaineering, trekking and skiing.
Manali tourism is fueled by two main seasons. The summer Holiday season when many people and families travel to this place on Manali holiday packages and the second big push to Kullu Manali tourism comes from the wedding season with thousands of honeymoon couples heading to the region.
Manali also turns out to be an enchanting stopover for one who is driving up to the snowclad hues of Ladakh en route some of the highest mountain passes in India. Manali Travel Guide directs you through some of the ancient hamlets inherited by the Tibetans that comes on your way to Leh-Ladakh. In addition, the popular treks from Manali are - Chandrakhani - Malana trail, Beas Kund Trek and Bhrigu Lake Trek.
Basic information about Manali.
- Height / Altitude: 1,950 m (6,398 ft) in the Beas River valley
- Weather: Predominantly cold during winters, and moderately cool during summers. The temperatures range from 4 °C (39 °F) to30 °C (86 °F) over the year. The average temperature during summer is between 14 °C (57 °F) and 20 °C (68 °F), and between −7 °C (19 °F) and10 °C (50 °F) in the winter.
- Best Time to visit Kullu Manali: April to June/ September – December.
- Main attractions: Hadimba temple, Club house, vashisht Hot water spring, Tibetan monastery, Rohtang Pass, Solang valley, Manikaran gurudwara and kullu valley, Rafting point, Naggar, Roerich art gallery, jagatsukh temple.
- Adventure Activities: River rafting, Paragliding, Hiking, hot air ballooning, mountaineering, mountain biking, river crossing, Go-karting, Jeep safari, motor biking, Zorbing, etc.
- STD CODE : 01902..
- Nearest Airport: Bhuntar (near Kullu about 50kms from Manali)..
- Hospitals : Civil hospital the mall Manali Ph: 253385 , Mission Hospital manali ph: 253714.
- Police station Manali : Ph: 252326.
- When going beyond Rohtang Pass( to Leh-Ladakh and Lahaul spiti) via Manali, you need special permission to take any vehicle which doesn't have H.P. registration number from SDM of Manali, which is available on weekdays from 10am to 5pm from SDM office in Manali.
- Rohtang Pass remain closed on Tuesdays, due to maintenance purposes.
- Remember to carry woollen clothes even in summer
- Don't Forget a woollen Jacket and thermo coats etc during November to mid April.
- Book your travel & accomodation advance.
- Do not completely trust the driver/s. They have a nexus with every other places like Snow Gear Rental , Skiing, Rafting place etc. So check/compare the rates and be sure before paying.
- If travelling by Volvo one must book extra seats for children too, rather than trying to adjust them on one's lap, otherwise nobody will be able to sleep in the over night travel.
How to reach Hotel Delfryn
For those that want the convenience and speed of flying, the nearest airport is in Kullu approximately 53 kilometres from our hotel. Air India operates regular flights from Delhi to Kullu Airport and there are pre-paid taxis readily available to drive you to the hotel which is about an hours' drive away.
Travelling by road from Delhi, Chandigarh or Shimla by bus or car is another option with several transport choices available. For the overnight journey from Delhi / Chandigarh we recommend the Volvo A/C bus for its comfort and reasonable price. You can sleep comfortably in the reclinable seats. You save a night also in your itenerary. The buses reach Manali at any time between 8 AM to 10 AM
Send us your enquiry and we will reply to you ASAP.
Check out our special offers this season. You can surely not get anything better.
Check out pictures of our resort and other places in Manali.
Check out what's best in Manali.
© 2014 Copyright by Hotel Delfryn. All rights reserved